While you’re at RIPE 79, you can also explore exciting Rotterdam. We’ve collected some tips from locals and compiled a handy guide for you.
Here’s a useful guidebook to help you make the most of your time in Rotterdam outside of the meeting. You can also download a PDF version of the Rotterdam City Map.
Rotterdam Tourist App
Are you looking for the best spots and coolest events? Then download the Rotterdam Tourist app! It shows you which cool restaurants, architecture, amazing art you should visit, and also which shops and trendy cafes are within walking distance.
Don’t Miss: Architecture Walking Tours Rotterdam!
Rotterdam is the architecture capital of the Netherlands and ranks among the top international architectural destinations. The city is like an open-air museum, and Walk Rotterdam offers guided walking tours with local architects to talk about the architecture, art, history and the character of the city.
Tips from Locals
Is Rotterdam a must-see city? Absolutely! Our Rotterdammer colleagues put together a list of their favourite places for you to visit.
Max Lau, Customer Service Analyst recommends:
- Little V is a super nice Vietnamese restaurant at the markthal.
- The Watertaxi is super awesome, and it’s just € 4.50 per person.
- Cube houses: check them out also from the inside.
Gwen, Chief Financial Officer, recommended some classic places:
And some trendier ones:
- Restaurant Heroine – modern and sleek.
- Restaurant Goud – a bit posh and a fun place (Gwen hasn’t been there yet, but has heard it has a famous local chef).
- Restaurant Ayla – tapas, a very diverse menu and crowd and at an excellent location.
Martyn Morrison, Customer Service Analyst recommends:
- Euromast – an observation tower at 185 meters. It is the tallest tower in Holland.
- Kralingse bos – a lovely forest/park.
- Elis burger – a gourmet burger place.
- Willemswerf – an interesting building at the waterfront. Jackie Chan did a stunt from his movie “Who am I” there.
- Museumpark – little museum and park.
- Witte de Withstraat is a cool busy street with a lot of places to drink and eat such as Bazar and Warung Mini.