16:12 < Aziraphale> Sascha Luck, for myself: Is the new ripe-list to be considered the "WG" mailing list for this community plenary?
16:14 < Marita_NCC> Daniel Karrenberg has begun his presentation RIPE Chair Selection Process
16:14 < Aziraphale> although "RIPty
16:14 < Aziraphale> er
16:14 < Aziraphale> TY
16:14 < Marita_NCC> You're welcome :)
16:22 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Daniel Karrenberg has asked for questions.
16:23 < Hisham_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
16:24 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Shane has begun his presentation RIPE DB Task Force
16:26 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Shane Kerr has asked for questions.
16:27 < Hisham_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
16:28 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Brain NISBET has begun his presentation RIPE Code of Conduct
16:40 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Brain Nisbet and Sasha Romijn have asked for questions.
16:42 < kitty> how does one ask a question remotely for the plenary ?
16:42 < Amanda> you type it in here and @hisham_RIPENCC will read it
16:42 < kitty> <-- Julia btw
16:44 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Brain Nisbet and Sasha Romijn have asked / comments for questions.
16:44 < Hisham_RIPENCC> If there are any comments or questions I am happy to read them at the mic
16:46 < Hisham_RIPENCC> If you have questions/comments for the presenter and want me to read it out, please state your name/affiliation and I'll go to the mic when questions are called for. Keep in mind that there is up to a 45 second delay for remote participants
16:46 < kitty> yeah, the text transcription is ahead of the video.
16:46 < kitty> which is helping
16:47 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> I find it a really difficult topic to ask questions on, being loud white and male I'm one of the .. priviledged ones.. and I'm often not aware of it ..
16:48 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> but probably some kind of, ehm, education might be appropriate ..
16:48 * amd2-ripe_dk-denet goes back to pondering
16:48 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> but, this talk is a necessary one, and glad we have it now, and we should have it till it is no longer needed
16:50 < kitty> Still trying to find a polite way of asking my question.
16:50 < Hisham_RIPENCC> @ <amd2-ripe_dk-denet> would you like me to say that at the mic?
16:50 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> Hisham_RIPENCC: I think I do, I'm Anders from DeiC, Danish NREN
16:50 < Hisham_RIPENCC> ok
16:51 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> kitty: I find it a really really tough subject to touch from any angle..
16:51 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> and sometimes, the less polite questions do have to be asked
16:52 < kitty> Hisham_RIPENCC: Can you ask, in reply to Darren: Our proceedures we have now are hurting people. It's hurting the people who are on the recieving end of the things the code of conduct should hopefully stop. You say to go slow. I ask, are we going fast enough? How can we make it faster? Are we too late?
16:52 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Kitty can you give me your name and affilation ?
16:52 < kitty> Julia Freeman, Ripe diversity task force
16:53 < Aziraphale> horrible things like "disagreement"
16:53 < Aziraphale> How dare they
16:54 < Amanda> I have personally been harassed and assaulted over the span of 10 years. I reported it to a Trusted Contact of a known offender. The response "Yeah? And? What do you want me to do about it?" ...said in front of a colleague. We need consequences for people who behave this way to ensure a safe space for everyone at the meeting NOW.
16:54 < kitty> I spent ripe 77 avoiding the guy who reduced me to tears in the diversity lunch. Because there was nothing that could be done to keep them away.
16:55 < Aziraphale> because they dared to disagree
16:55 < Aziraphale> and assault is always a police matter, fwtw
16:56 < kitty> Aziraphale: yeah, cos that always works out
16:58 < Aziraphale> most of the time it does. I read of people convicted of assault every day
16:59 < kitty> I read of cases where the charges are dropped because the police don't investigate it properly, don't believe people etc...
16:59 < Aziraphale> courts don't convict on just allegations, that's right
17:00 < Aziraphale> neither should this "CoC team"
17:01 < kitty> thank you Hisham_RIPENCC
17:01 < Hisham_RIPENCC> @ Kitty ... I hope I did you justice
17:02 < kitty> you did
17:02 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> it is shamefull if we're not an inclusive community and do not do anything about it, we have to be inclusive
17:05 < Hisham_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
17:05 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Petrit Hasani has begun his presentation PDP Participation 2019
17:05 < kitty> The stream has got to the end of the presentation
17:06 < kitty> thanks Hisham_RIPENCC.
17:06 < amd2-ripe_dk-denet> yeah, stream has aproximately a 1 minute delay
17:06 < Hisham_RIPENCC> You are welcome @kitty
17:12 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Petrit Hasani has asked for questions.
17:14 < Aziraphale> Sascha Luck, for myself: This bears out my argument that all policy should be debated on ONE mailing list like is done in other RIR communities
17:14 < Aziraphale> to get maximum participation
17:17 < Hisham_RIPENCC> Aziraphale ... name and affiliation please to read it at the mic
17:17 < Aziraphale> look up ;p
17:17 < Hisham_RIPENCC> ah Sascha Luck ... got it
17:17 < Aziraphale> ty
17:18 < Aziraphale> oh, and please convey my pleasure at this meta-PDP forum finally happening
17:18 < Aziraphale> (the community plenary)
17:19 < Hisham_RIPENCC> ok
17:29 < Hisham_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
17:30 < Hisham_RIPENCC> This session has now ended.