The last day of the RIPE Meeting ended with 736 checked-in attendees, of which 187 were newcomers.
- One minute before the NRO/RIR reports started, venue staff notified the RIPE NCC that a fire alarm had been set off, but that an evacuation was not required. So while we’re grateful for the attempt, anonymous benefactor, next time you’ll need to do a little more!
- The session contained the usual RIR reports, a report from the NRO Executive Council (EC), the NRO Number Council (NC), some NRO statistics, and a report from IANA/PTI.
- During the session, it was noted that the NRO was yet to report back following concerns about the quality of its statistics that were raised at RIPE 78.
- In his closing remarks as RIPE Chair, Hans Petter Holen thanked Axel Pawlik for his 20 years serving the community as Managing Director of the RIPE NCC.
- Two new chairs of the Routing WG were welcomed – Job Snijders and Paul Hoogsteder.
- Pavel Lunin and Dmitry Kohmanyuk were (re)eected to the RIPE Programme.
- Filiz Yilmaz was re-elected for another term on the NRO NC.